"The things that one most wants to do are the things that are probably most worth doing." - Winifred Holtby
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Let Your Heart Sing
The very talented and kind John Farrell was a guest musician at the elementary school this week. You-know-who and her best friend came up with some hand motions during Music class when they were learning "Let Your Heart Sing", one of Mr. Farrell's songs. The music teacher asked if the girls would like to perform it on stage with Mr. Farrell tonight for the family concert. One of the girls said 'yes!', but the other said 'no,' she was too nervous (can you guess who?). Well, that all changed tonight when Mr. Farrell announced the song from the stage and said, "Can my two friends come up here and do the hand motions they created just for this song?" The cute girl sitting next to me (who also happens to be my daughter) jumped right out of her seat and headed to the stage. A very proud moment for her, and for us! I only wish I'd been able to find my camera a little faster to video the whole song. Clearly I wasn't expecting a performance from said daughter tonight! :-) What great opportunities our children are experiencing here in this unique learning environment.
I also never thought I'd find another children's musician that I (or my kids) would enjoy as much as Raffi... but I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment